Data Science is considered one of the sexiest job in the 21st century and it is becoming an increasingly important function in today’s data-driven enterprise. And yet, for many businesses, the barrier of entry is very high due to lack of know-how, difficulties in hiring the right people and team, lack of prior experience, and more.
Join us at The Globe’s new location, LAB351, for this two-day data science workshop, where we’ll provide a crash course in what all the data science and big data terms mean, how they play a role in successful projects, how to recruit, assemble, evaluate, and develop a team with complementary skill sets and roles. And since the best way to learn is by doing, we’ve designed an end-to-end data science project for workshop participants.
- how to collect and ingest data
- how to leverage the agility of the cloud platform
- how to work with big data tools such as Hadoop and Spark
- how to build machine learning models for classification
- how to deploy the model and publish it as a data API
- how to define and manage the project in an agile team
- how to build a data pipeline and knowing when to recruit which skills sets for each role
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will:
- acquire an understanding of the key trends in Data Science
- become familiar with the hottest big data technologies and when to use them to your advantage
- gain the necessary skills to recruit, develop and lead a data science team
- built an end-to-end data science pipeline to perform real-time analytics on streaming data and visualization
Parking: There is a public Green P Carpark lot on the corner of Front and Parliament Streets. The address for the lot is 44 Parliament Street.
Cancellation Policy: Full refund guaranteed up until 5:00 pm on June 1, 2017.Back to all