Attend the city’s largest event on digital creativity.
Digifest is an annual three-day technology conference and showcase that brings together speakers and the creative community, to learn about the latest in compelling digital content and the convergence of the interactive, gaming and design industries. This year’s theme, “Work-Learn-Play,” will feature the future of gaming, the workplace and learning.
At Corus Quay, you’ll experience interactive sessions, presentation from inspiring speakers, skills-building workshops, master classes as well as incredible opportunities to meet with peers from across the country.
Hear from the influential figures in the world of emerging technologies and media who will inspire new ways of thinking and offer insights into what the future holds. Featured speakers include:
+ Jake Hirsch-Allen, Lead for Higher Education Canada @ Lynda.com (LinkedIn)
- Jake works with students, staff and faculty at Canada’s universities to leverage Lynda.com and LinkedIn to achieve their academic and professional goals – “Connecting people is my passion and profession. I have applied this pursuit through work in international criminal law and intellectual property law, global health, software development and education.”
+ Andrew Low Ah Kee, Vice President, International @ GoDaddy
- Andrew focuses on driving customer growth and market expansion of GoDaddy’s business outside the US. Learn about new tools available for small and medium sized business to help develop their online presence.
+ Satish Kanwar, VP of Product @ Shopify
- Satish was chosen as one of Forbes’ Under 30 and is an active speaker, mentor, and angel investor in the Canadian startup community. Shopify is the world’s leading multi-channel commerce platform for small and medium-sized businesses. Some of the biggest brands on Shopify include: The Bud Shop (Budweiser), WaterAid, The Economist, Bremont (luxury watches), Condor (bespoke bike building), Tesla Gear (Tesla Motors), Red Bull Shop, LA Lakers, NYSE.
+ Kate Edwards, Executive Director @ IGDA (International Game Developers Association)
- Kate is the founder and principal consultant of Geogrify, a Seattle-based consultancy for content culturalization, and a unique hybrid of an applied geographer, writer, and corporate strategist, built upon a passion for global cultures and media technologies. Fortune(October 2013) magazine named her as one of the “10 most powerful women” in the game industry and in December 2014 she was named by GamesIndustry.biz as one of their six People of the Year in the game industry.
+ Nik Nieuwenhuijs, Creative Director, Co-Founder & CEO @ CODE D’AZUR
- CODE D’AZUR is a creative digital agency based in Amsterdam and Barcelona that creates digital brand experiences by meshing together strategy, creation, design, innovation and cutting edge technologies. Exciting projects include: KLM Emoji Service/KLM Flight Funding/Must See Map (KLM Royal Dutch Airlines), Snapticket and Multi Mobile Adventure (Tele2 Nederland), Warm Welcome (ABN AMRO), Cocktailmaker (Gall & Gall), Bar Staff Challenge (Red Bull).
+ DIGITAL PIONEER AWARD: DON TAPSCOTT
- Each year, the Digital Pioneer Award recognizes an outstanding Canadian who has made significant contributions to the field of digital media. This year’s recipient is Don Tapscott, CEO, The Tapscott Group Inc.
+ MEET THE MEDIA GURU
- Meet the Media Guru is an ongoing event featuring the most eminent voices in new media culture and innovation. Digifest partners with Meet the Media Guru to present is Carlotta de Bevilacqua, VP, Artemide (Milan, Italy).
- Learn Tiltbrush by Google to create 3D painting in virtual reality as well as understanding digital advertising with leaders from Cossette Media.
+ WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone interested in culture, technology, gaming, or simply what our future holds. Designers, educators, students, makers, tech enthusiasts and curious individuals of all sorts will not want to miss this event!
Back to all