If you’re in a startup, it can be an exciting world of creativity and innovation. But while it’s great to do something you love, you also need to make a living. So how can you live the dream and ensure your cashflow is well managed or that you get the financing your business needs to thrive?
Your need for accounting services as you’re starting a business is going to be quite different from your needs once the business has, with a lot of hard work, grown to, say, $20 million a year in revenue. Entrepreneurs are often confused about whether they need to hire an accountant early on or go it alone. This session will answer these questions and much more.
Mithulan will walk you through the key principals of startup and small business financing including:
- What is Accounting and Finance, and why is it important to your business?
- What are the most important financial reports you’ll need
- Incorporation vs. Sole Proprietorship
- Hiring Employees vs. Contractors
- HST – when do you charge it, how to claim it, how often to file it.
- How to finance your business
- The importance of Financial Forecasting
- Software & Tools
MITHULAN PERINPANAYAGAM, CPA, CA, LPA | Mit CPA Professional Corporation
Mithulan is an accounting and finance professional that began his career in public accounting, with a focus on the mining and energy sector as an auditor. He now manages the day-to-day accounting, financial, and administrative functions of private organizations with a view to developing operational efficiencies.
Currently he works with a number of start-ups guiding management with financial decision making.
Mithulan is a Chartered Accountant (CA) and a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA). Mithulan earned his Honours Bachelor of Accounting degree from the Goodman School of Business at Brock University.
- 6:00 pm – 6:30 pm: Arrival, Snacks, Refreshments & Introductions
- 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm: General Presentation Session
- 7:30 pm – 8 pm: Q & A
Cost: $25 – Intimate attendance – snacks, refreshments and class materials includedBack to all