The Joseph and Antoinette Sobara Entrepreneurial Award will provide financial assistance to one part-time or full-time undergraduate, graduate or Chang School student registered with Zone Learning who demonstrates passion to build their business idea and a willingness to collaborate with other Zone Learning members.
VALUE OF THE AWARD is $5000
- Be enrolled as a full-time or part-time undergraduate, graduate or Chang School student at Ryerson University.
- Have clear academic standing.
- Be the founder of a business or a project in one of Ryerson’s ten Zones.
- Demonstrated passion to build their business and a willingness to share and collaborate with other Zone members to positively impact other businesses/projects and the Zones in general.
A COMPLETED APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE:
- Application letter outlining their commitment and passion to their business/project and how they intend to pursue their business innovation (both externally and as part of their university education) as well as their support of other Zone members (maximum of 500 – 750 words).
- Letter of support from a Zone Director/Coordinator or a Ryerson faculty member or colleague that supports the business/project.
Please submit applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following email subject line: Application–Joseph and Antoinette Sorbara Entrepreneurial Award
Please be sure to include:
- Full name and student number
- Name of business/project
- Current Zone
- Application letter (750 words max)
- Letter of Support
Incomplete applications will not be considered.