ventureLAB’s mission is to help innovative entrepreneurs get further faster.
Work with us and contribute to the success of over 400 entrepreneurs a year.
We thrive off team work, creative brainstorming, innovative ideas and collaborative-all-hands-in-roll-up-your-sleeves-lets-get-it-done-kind-of-work.
We work hard here but we play hard and we’re looking for a fantastic summer intern to join our awesome team.
Think you fit the job profile below? Great! We look forward to hearing from you.
As the Entrepreneurship Program Assistant, you will work with the ventureLAB team and partners, to produce programs, initiatives and events for entrepreneurs in York Region.
Specifically, your role will carry out supervised projects related to developing campaigns, organizing events and programs, supporting registration and logistics, conducting surveys, and reporting on outcomes, success stories, job creation, and overall impact.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a wide range of professionals, across many public and private sector organizations, especially private companies with a focus on Information Communications Technology sector. Through ventureLAB’s location in IBM Canada’s Innovation Space at Markham Convergence Centre, you’ll be exposed to a wide range of globally disruptive knowledge and high technology infrastructure.
What does your day to day look like?
You’ll work closely with your manager, the Manager, Creative and Digital Marketing, who will involve you in a range of projects aimed at supporting entrepreneurship including:
- Work on public events showcasing local innovation and business success
- Assist in the execution of business education programs aimed at helping entrepreneurs, such as workshops, info sessions and seminars
- Work with the Venture Services and Culture and Experience team on entrepreneur on-boarding programs for orienting new entrepreneurs, including data entry and management
This job is for you if you are/have:
- Eligible for the Summer Student Job Program
- A student, returning back to school in September
- An interest in entrepreneurship and start-ups
- Focusing your studies on Business
- A passion for being part of an exciting team looking to make a difference in their work
- Marketing and Event Logistics experience
- Graphic Design experience with a focus on Adobe Illustrator is an asset
Summer Student Job Program Criteria:
- between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program;
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
How to apply:
Send your resume and short paragraph on why you think you’re right for this job to, Rachel Azagury, Vice President, Culture and Experience at email@example.com by Friday, May 12, 2017.
Hourly rate: $16/hour. Hours: 30/week.
ventureLAB is where talented entrepreneurs bring their innovations to market and is a partner in StartUp HERE Toronto.