This highly interactive leadership training offers you an array of practical tools to manage your time and difficult people, and delegate effectively while getting everything else done that you need in order to manage effectively. You’ll learn practical techniques for planning, prioritizing, delegating and managing everyone effectively, enhancing your overall team performance!
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
By attending, you will understand:
- Time management strategies for workplace
- How to deal with difficult people
- How to actively listen, provide constructive feedback, resolve conflicts and coach
- How to do everything else you need to do to manage effectively
Are you feeling a bit overwhelmed when it comes to managing your time?
Could you use some help dealing with “difficult” people, while still managing everyone else well?
Would you like to brush up on your communication skills, and coach your people to perform even more effectively?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then come laugh, listen and learn as Chris DeVany leads us all through those important topics, key questions and answers we all need to be able to address effectively to improve our communication effectiveness, improve our team members’ and team’s performance, adding to the bottom-line!
- Self-Evaluation: How Do You Manage Your Time
- Take the Time-Mastery Profile® to identify how you spend your time
- Highlight your strengths and challenges with time
- Identify time-wasters and learn how to avoid them using new techniques
- Effective time management skills
- Concentration and Focus
- Learn techniques that will help you complete your tasks at a faster rate
- Discuss how to handle distractions and interruptions-both self- and other-imposed
- Planning to Succeed
- Refine the planning process and goal-setting system using the SMART technique
- Decision Making and Prioritizing
- Align your priorities with your goals for better decision making
- Learn about “the window of opportunity” to determine the most appropriate course of action
- Getting Organized
- Learn the principles of organization to eliminate clutter and maintain order and effective filing systems
- Learn to manage your phone, e-mail and electronic files
- Establishing Boundaries to Create Balance
- Learn when to say “yes” and when to say “no”
- Say “yes” to yourself…by saying “no” to others
- Create quiet zones to think, reflect and concentrate
- Build a commitment to your own time-management plan – it's up to you!
- Setting SMART Goals
- SMART: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Timely
- What are my roles?
- What weekly goal will I set for each role?
- TOPPS: Task, Objective, Product, Program, Schedule
- OPICS: Output, Product, Input, Conditions, Standards
- Setting milestones
- Working the plan
- Dealing With “Difficult” People
- What is resistance?
- Dealing effectively with resistance
- The 5 types of difficult people
- Techniques for dealing with those who are:
- Subtle Snipers
Effective Listening / Understanding Before Being Understood
- What is the value of listening?
- Why people don’t listen and the consequences
- How to listen effectively and actively
- Practice listening exercise
- Responsibility of the communicator in being heard
Constructive Feedback / Gaining Advice While Avoiding Conflict
- The value of constructive feedback
- Why people don’t give feedback and the consequences
- How to give constructive feedback
- Practice feedback exercise
- Guidelines for the feedback receiver
Resolving Conflicts / Dealing with Others’ Resistance
- The nature of resistance
- Types of resistance
- Typical responses to resistance
- Approaching resistance and how to deal with it
- The keys to effectively resolving conflicts
Making Coaching Work / Providing Guidance for Improving Performance
- Characteristics of effective coaches
- How to coach effectively
- The value of careful listening in coaching
- Being an effective role model
- Using coaching to improve performance
- Conflict resolution coaching
- What skills and attributes does it take for you to manage your time effectively?
- How to deal with difficult people?
- How can you communicate even more effectively, managing and coaching your direct reports to performing more effectively?
Come laugh, listen and learn as Chris DeVany teaches us about the steps we need to make coaching work for us, our direct reports, our team and our organization!
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- Senior Vice President
- Vice President
- Executive Director
- Managing Director
- Regional Vice President
- Area Supervisor
Years of Experience: 37+ years
Areas of Expertise: Management and Organizational Development
Chris DeVany is the Founder and President of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm which focuses on management and organizational development. Pinnacle’s clients include global organizations such as Visa International, Cadence Design Systems, Coca Cola, Sprint, Microsoft, Aviva Insurance, Schlumberger and over 500 other organizations in 22 countries. He has been a consultant to government agencies like the Federal Government of the United States, the Royal Government of Saudi Arabia, Government of Canada, Government of Cayman Islands and Her Majesty's Government of the United Kingdom.
He has published numerous articles in the fields of surviving mergers and acquisitions, surviving change, project management, management, sales, team-building, leadership, ethics, customer service, diversity and work-life balance. His publications range widely, touching all important aspects, right from ASTD/Performance in Practice to Customer Service Management. His book, “90 Days to a High-Performance Team”, published by McGraw Hill, has helped executives, managers and team leaders improve their performance and professional decisions. Chris has been interviewed for various radio and television programs.
He has assisted organizations in merger, acquisitions and facilitated post-merger and acquisition integration. He has also actively been a mentor in developing project management, sales, customer service and marketing strategies, in-bound and out-bound call center programs, training and development management and new hirees. Fostering corporate growth through creative change and innovative initiatives is his forte! He is a Boston University alumnus, with degrees in management studies and organizational behavior.
Use Promo Code INDA20 and get flat 20% discount on all purchases.
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494