Now in its 5th year, the HealthTech Innovation Challenge-Health (HTIC) is an annual innovation-led program that brings together partners from across the health ecosystem to innovate, collaborate and ultimately create better healthcare experiences for all people.
Accenture is bringing the Challenge to life in a virtual platform for 2021. Applications are no longer being accepted. Finalists will be announced in mid-August ahead of the September 28, 2021 virtual event.
AAGEF 2021 Entrepreneur Challenge – are you a start up entrepreneur or do you have a project? Submit your project and pitch in front of a very prestigious jury and around 250 business leaders in Toronto on Nov 24th.
Explore the high-potential emerging markets of Latin America for your Canadian startup. Learn about the recent changes and new trends of Colombia’s technology and innovation ecosystem. Covering the economy, the startup ecosystem, key sectors to keep an eye for, and other key insights from our panel speakers – all experts of Colombia- learn what you need to get started on your global expansion to Latin America.
About “In the Spotlight”
Every two years, the LatAm Startups team goes in-depth researching the technology and innovation ecosystems in Latin America by preparing and presenting Whitepapers on various countries in the region. LatAm Startups invites a panel of speakers, all experts of each respective country. We’re excited to offer you the online edition – 6 sessions covering Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Brazil, Peru, and Argentina & Uruguay.
The Intuit Prosperity Accelerator in partnership with by Highline Beta is back for the second cohort selection this year focusing on startups that are using AI technology that makes people's lives better.
The Intuit Prosperity Accelerator: AI is a 5-month program that will leverage the power of AI to advance the financial prosperity of consumers and businesses in North America.
This event is a great opportunity for potential candidates and community to learn about the program, meet the team, alumni and ask questions. We will cover how Intuit leverages AI technology in their products and also hear from startups that went through the inaugural cohort.
- Welcome and introduction to Highline Beta and Intuit
- Program Overview and Ideal Candidate by Veronika Kvon, Program Director at Highline Beta
- Panel discussion with Reanna Ridley, Head of Partnerships at Intuit and inaugural cohort alumni
A live streamed pitch event that provides visibility and brand exposure to startups from around the globe who are either ready-to-launch or recently launched.
Interested in Pitching? Pitch spots for this event are for companies that are…
- Ready to launch or have recently launched
- Building an investor or competition pitch (or similar)
- Looking for brand awareness and amplification
About this Event
Your customers are on the web. Having a strategy for your online presence allows you to market your small business online so customers can easily find you. In this workshop hosted by the Toronto Digital Service Squad we’ll discuss the importance of getting your business online and where to start with developing your online presence.
What you will learn:
- What is web presence and what platforms you can use to set up your website
- How to create a professionally-designed, responsive website for your business
- How to optimize website content to improve your search engine ranking (SEO)
- Setting up your Google My Business listing and other online directories
- Getting started with social media
- How email marketing can grow your business and encourage repeat customers
- Developing a cohesive brand voice online
- Engaging with customers virtually and building relationships on the web
Join us to learn how to build the foundation for your business’ web presence.
Cyber crime is becoming more common, with high-profile companies falling victim to cyber data breaches, resulting in the loss of millions of dollars.
Gone are the days of simple firewalls and antivirus software providing enough security – no organization or individual that uses online systems is immune to attacks.
Whether you are an individual, small business, or large multinational, you rely on computer systems every day. Pair this with the rise in cloud services, poor cloud service security, smartphones, and the Internet of Things (IoT), and we have a myriad of cybersecurity threats that didn't exist a few decades ago.
With this increased risk of cyber crime, business leaders can no longer leave information security to cybersecurity professionals. But how and where do you get started?
Join us for a discussion with leaders in the field of Cybersecurity as they unpack the fundamentals of Cybersecurity, and what you and your company can do to better protect sensitive information.
Learn the basics about trademarks, copyright, industrial design, trade secrets and patents from PCK professionals. This session is essential for startups and anyone who may have intellectual property to protect.
If possible, we will host a live event at our office, 500-1300 Yonge Street. Otherwise, a Zoom link will be sent to attendees.
Who should attend?
- Start up companies, high tech or otherwise
- Founders, CEOs, CTOs
- Researchers and innovators
Daniel Eberhard has built his career as an entrepreneur by finding ways to create scalable mission-driven companies.
In 2010, he co-founded Kineticor Renewables, a wind energy company which developed $50M dollars in wind projects. The company was acquired by Algonquin Power (AQN:TSX) in 2011.
In 2014, Daniel Eberhard founded KOHO, the leading Canadian challenger bank which has raised more than $130M on the path to democratizing access to the best financial products.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
If you're self-employed or starting a small business or side hustle, join me for an interactive training and support session where I answer all of your marketing questions!
After a 10-year corporate career followed by freelancing gigs, I share how I built a 6-figure business in 3 years while raising two young children (read: a busy, boot-strapping mom in search of work-life balance while on a money-making mission!)
In 3 hours, you will learn:
- 3 marketing must-do's BEFORE you start advertising
- 5 fast, effective and affordable ways to kickstart sales (hint: NO Facebook ads)
- 2 ‘Laws of Sales' (emotion beats reason, every time!)
- Q+A session: come prepared with YOUR marketing and sales questions!
- BONUS: every month, I choose 1 new business to feature for extra 1:1 help