** The livestream link will be sent the day of the event to the email you sign-up with **
Overview: What is UX Design? What does the day to day life of a UX Designer look like? Learn how to break into a career in UX Design?
Learn about the jobs of the people building the products we use everyday, from mobile apps, to websites, to wearables. Whether you’re interested in UX design, product management, or development, each role plays an integral part in making a product successful.
Learn the specifics of how to craft a portfolio aimed at helping you pursue a career in any product related role. Know what to expect from interviews, and the different types of companies hiring.
In this session you will learn:
- The process involved in building a product
- The roles involved, including Product Manager, UX Designer, & Developer
- Each role's responsibilities, and how they contribute to a product
- Job requirements for each role from entry-level to senior level
- Expectations of an agency vs. a start-up vs. a large-scale company
- How to create a portfolio to make you stand out
- How to prepare for an interview
- How to identify companies you might be a good fit for
- The tools used by designers to create the products you use everyday
Chart your own career path
Pick up where this workshop leaves off. Explore our UX Design offerings
- This class is taken completely online
- We will provide a link to the platform on the day of the class
- This class requires a computer and strong internet connection
By registering for this event you agree to join to the Bitmaker community e-mail list.
We respect your inbox and you have full control over your subscription settings.
About Bitmaker General Assembly
Bitmaker General Assembly’s immersive programs have graduated hundreds of students in the GTA, helping them to launch new careers in tech. Hundreds more students have added skills to their existing career with our part-time classes. We offer training in development, data, design, business, and more.
Upon joining General Assembly’s global campus network in 2016, we became a part of a professional community of over 40,000 alumni. Our instructors have years of experience working in startups and large tech companies – they know the skills tech companies need, and the kind of people they want to hire. Let us prepare you for the next phase of your career!Back to all