The Livestream link will be emailed out the day of the event!
Overview: During our online introductory workshop, learn the basics of statistics, the science of collecting, summarizing, and drawing valid conclusions from data.
- Define the science of statistics and its use
- Understand fundamental statistical concepts
- Apply statistical analysis in Excel to draw valid conclusions.
Description: During our online introductory workshop, learn the basics of statistics, the science of collecting, summarizing, and drawing valid conclusions from data. Learn how to analyze this data to make data driven business decisions, design better products, and much more.
Topics we will cover:
Overview of fundamental statistical concepts
Calculating mean, median, mode, and standard deviation
Creating charts such as box plots and scatter plots
Understand correlations and apply regression analysis
Conducting hypothesis testing with t-tests
What will the remote learning experience be like?
Ask questions and interact with peers and expert instructors — all in real time.
Collaborate via live chat, voice, and video.
Complete hands-on coursework in an online classroom designed to keep you engaged and focused.
Gain accountability and guidance from your instructor and fellow classmates to help you turn skills into career success.
- A laptop is required for this workshop with Excel installed (any version 2007 or newer on PC and any version 2016 or newer on Mac)
- For those on Windows, you’ll need Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 (32- or 64-bit). For those with Macs, you’ll need the Mac OS X 10.8.5 or higher, up to 10.11.4 (El Capitan).
- Upgrade your operating system before class, if needed.
- Basic technical aptitude and orientation to computers, and curiosity to learn new tools.
- Strong internet connection
By registering for this event you agree to join to the Bitmaker community e-mail list.
We respect your inbox and you have full control over your subscription settings.
About Bitmaker General Assembly
Bitmaker General Assembly’s immersive programs have graduated hundreds of students in the GTA, helping them to launch new careers in tech. Hundreds more students have added skills to their existing career with our part-time classes. We offer training in development, data, design, business, and more.
Upon joining General Assembly’s global campus network in 2016, we became a part of a professional community of over 40,000 alumni. Our instructors have years of experience working in startups and large tech companies – they know the skills tech companies need, and the kind of people they want to hire. Let us prepare you for the next phase of your career!Back to all