Product Management Fundamentals introduces you to practical tools to define, build, and launch a product using agile methodologies to iterate rapidly, test continuously and scale. Using interactive discussions and hands-on exercises that simulate real-life scenarios, you will learn how to use the diverse range of skills that form the foundation of agile product management.
Here's what we'll cover
- The role of product management. Scope, overview of the product life cycle and agile product management
- Why this product? How to validate ideas with current and potential customers, as well as how to turn insights into product ideas
- What is this product? How to make data-driven decisions, define and build a product, and communicate effectively with stakeholders
- How do we build this product in an agile environment? Learn to write user stories and acceptance criteria, drive shared understanding on the team, plan and estimate, and effectively manage product backlogs
Who is it for?
Individuals that can think big while managing scope, have empathy for customers and other stakeholders, love working with data, and are effective communicators. If you are new to a product management role, have an increased focus within your current role on product management activities, or work closely with your organization’s product management team, this program is for you.
How big is the class?
A maximum of 20 participants
Nov 20 and Nov 21, 2019
Both sessions will be held at The Galleria from 9:00am – 4:00pm.
- Employees of startup and mid-size Communitech Member companies: $525
- Employees of enterprise Communitech Member companies & Communitech associate member companies: $660
- Non-members: $785
*Note: To encourage diversity of thought in the classroom, we cap participant enrolment at a maximum of three employees per company. If you would like more people from your organization to benefit from this program, let us know and we can talk about a potential team session.
Marilyn Powers – Linkedin
14 days notice is required to obtain a partial refund of the registration fee as Eventbrite's fee is nonrefundable and won't be included in refunds (Wednesday, November 6, 2019, by 5:00 pm)
We have an awesome community. And we like to show it off.
Please be advised that photographs and video may be taken at Communitech events for use on Communitech web, print, and social properties. We won’t sell your photo, but we may share it with media and/or partner organizations. By attending this and any Communitech event, you consent to being photographed and/or filmed, and to your image or likeness being used at the discretion of Communitech.
Construction in the Region
As you may know, there is some construction happening in Downtown Kitchener, so you may hit some traffic getting here. Please check the latest updates from the City of Kitchener to help plan your best route.
Parking Downtown Kitchener
Parking made simple! Check out our up-to-date map to find out how to get downtown Kitchener, and where to park!