Are you brand new to the people management game? We'll help put you on the right track. Leadership WTF will introduce you to the key leadership principles that work in the tech world. You'll build confidence and competence, find your leadership style and begin to craft your own personal development plan. Stop asking “WTF?” and join us for four awesome sessions.
Who is it for?
Leadership WTF is best for:
- New managers with less than 12 months experience
- Individuals new to people leadership: “I’ve just become a people leader and I need support in Where to Focus.”
What will I learn?
By the end of these sessions, you'll be able to:
- Develop your understanding of leadership and strategies to transition into a leadership role
- Act with emotional intelligence at work
- Harness your understanding of motivation and empathy to lead others
- Display authority in an authentic way
- Utilize effective models to provide feedback
- Begin a professional development plan to help guide your development as a leader
How big is the class?
The class will be capped at 20 and filled on a first-come, first-served basis with a limit of three participants per company.
Each of the three-hour workshops (4) that make up this program is offered in an open session format and are on the following days:
- Wednesday, September 25, 2019
- Wednesday, October 9, 2019
- Wednesday, October 23, 2019
- Wednesday, November 6, 2019
An Emotional Intelligence coaching session is also included, and you be prompted closer to the start of the program to select a half-hour time slot to complete this on one of the following days:
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019
- Thursday, October 17, 2019
All sessions will be held at the Communitech Hub (151 Charles St. W., Kitchener) from 9:00am – 12:00pm.
- Employees of startup and mid-size Communitech Member companies: $975
- Employees of enterprise Communitech Member companies & Communitech associate member companies: $1,220
- Non-members: $1,475
*Note: To encourage diversity of thought in the classroom, we cap participant enrolment at a maximum of three employees per company. If you would like more people from your organization to benefit from this program, let us know and we can talk about a potential team session.
Jennifer Porritt – Linkedin
For more information contact the Communitech Academy: email@example.com
Cancellation policy: 14 days notice is required to obtain a full refund of the registration fee (Wednesday, September 11 2019, by 5 p.m.)
We have an awesome community. And we like to show it off.
Please be advised that photographs and video may be taken at Communitech events for use on Communitech web, print, and social properties. We won’t sell your photo, but we may share it with media and/or partner organizations. By attending this and any Communitech event, you consent to being photographed and/or filmed, and to your image or likeness being used at the discretion of Communitech.
Construction in the Region
As you may know, there is some construction happening in Downtown Kitchener, so you may hit some traffic getting here. Please check the latest updates from RideION.ca to help plan your best route.
Parking Downtown Kitchener
Parking made simple! Check out our up-to-date map to find out how to get downtown Kitchener, and where to park!
Back to all