Using WordPress in the Cloud is happening more often. The Cloud payoff for WordPress websites is potentially the following benefits:
- Lower hosting costs for small websites [200 visitors/day or less];
- Comparable costs for larger websites;
- Better operational performance and response time profile;
- Automatic upscaling to accommodate special events’ traffic requirements;
- Better security environ against virus, spam and DDOS attacks
- Automated backup and restore operations;
- Better reliability and uptime performance
- Better website usage and performance stats+charts;
- Full WordPress functionality;
- Ability to interface with AJAX and RestAPI to wide range of Cloud and enterprise apps.
If this sounds like a wishlist it is not – it is the sort of opportunity that is being offered by existing hosting services like A2Hosting and Godaddy. Hence the list above is POTENTIAL. We are trying to determine ACTUAL.
So this meetup will be an chance to compare what AWS and Azure can bring to the table. See how closely and how well do they achieve our list of Cloud benefits. If anybody has real world experience with either AWS or Azure please let us know [jbsurveyer at gmail.com] and we will incorporate your experience into the presentation.
Finally the next two meetups will be devoted to installing a WordPress website on AWS and the following month will be on Azure. This should be very interesting. If you would like to have your website created live on AWS or Azure you will need a domain name and pay about $60 forone of of the services.
Our new location through the City of Toronto is the Etobicoke Civic Centre at 399 The WestMall – West of the 427. There is parking at the Civic Centre. If taking the TTC use the 112 Bus from Kipling Station at the West end of the Bloor Danforth. There is a stop right at the Civic Centre.Back to all