Ready to level-up your leadership game? The Communitech Academy Strong Leaders program will help you become a manager people want to work for. Through this program of practical learning and 1:1 coaching, you’ll explore goal-setting, communication, motivation, coaching and providing feedback, team dynamics, leading through change and personal productivity. On top of it all, you'll develop a network of fellow awesome leaders in the tech community.
Who is this program for?
- People managers with two or more years of people leadership experience
- Those that find themselves saying “I’ve been a people leader for a couple of years and I want to advance my leadership capability”
- Understand the skills and traits to excel as a people leader
- Manage group dynamics and effective teamwork
- Develop your range of leadership skills and abilities (i.e. leading change, resolving conflict, and motivating others)
- Coach effectively by learning the requisite skills, behaviours and personal qualities
- Set goals and provide structure while keeping your team engaged
How big is the class?
The class will be capped at 20 and filled on a first-come, first served basis, with a limit of three participants per company.
Each of the three-hour workshops (10) that make up this program is offered in an open session format, and fall on the following days:
- Tuesday, January 28, 2020
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020
- Tuesday, February 25, 2020
- Tuesday, March 10, 2020
- Tuesday, March 24, 2020
- Tuesday, April 7, 2020
- Tuesday, April 21, 2020
- Tuesday, May 5, 2020
- Tuesday, May 19, 2020
- Tuesday, June 2, 2020
All sessions will be held at the Communitech Hub from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
In addition to these scheduled classes, you’ll have the opportunity to meet with your chosen coach (selection takes place after the first session) 5 times throughout the course, subject to scheduling between that coach and yourself.
- Employees of startup and mid-size Communitech Member companies: $2,700
- Employees of enterprise Communitech Member companies & Communitech associate member companies: $3,375
- Non-members: $4,050
*Note: To encourage diversity of thought in the classroom, we cap participant enrolment at a maximum of three employees per company. If you would like more people from your organization to benefit from this program, let us know and we can talk about a potential team session.
Jennifer Porritt – Linkedin
For more information contact the Communitech Academy.
Cancellation policy: 14 days notice is required to obtain a partial refund of the registration fee as Eventbrite's fee is nonrefundable and won't be included in refunds (Tuesday, January 14 2020, by 5 p.m.)
We have an awesome community. And we like to show it off.
Please be advised that photographs and video may be taken at Communitech events for use on Communitech web, print, and social properties. We won’t sell your photo, but we may share it with media and/or partner organizations. By attending this and any Communitech event, you consent to being photographed and/or filmed, and to your image or likeness being used at Communitech’s discretion.
Construction in the Region
As you may know, there is some construction happening in Downtown Kitchener, so you may hit some traffic getting here. Please check the latest updates from RideION.ca to help plan your best route.
Getting to Communitech
The parking lot at 151 Charles Street West, Kitchener, is limited and is a shared visitors lot for all tenants in the Tannery building. It is for short term use only, up to two hours. For alternative parking lot info, check out this map to find out how to get downtown and where to park. Or, skip the need to park altogether. Use the GRT EasyGo trip planner to find your best route on the ION light rail or bus services, which conveniently make regular, nearby stops.