NOTE: Please make sure to RSVP on Eventbrite to order your ticket https://www.eventbrite.com/e/art-class-3-drawing-in-vr-and-getting-started-with-unity-tickets-61321399958
This is a hands on workshop to understand how to use hand drawing programs like Tilt Brush, SculptrVR, and then import into Unity. The skills in this class will help you learn how you can get started and build everything from animation, augmented reality apps, and Snapchat Lens.
Instructed by an award winning animator from Toronto, Nick Fox-Gieg.
- Learn how to create a 3D environment and 360 image through hand drawing animation in VR.
- Learn how to take a hand drawn image in VR and modify with Unity.
- Learn how to edit a 3D model using Unity
- Understanding how to best use the drag-and-drop features of Unity
- Learn how to find take a unanimated 3D image and make it animated.
- Everyone will be working with a 3D model and edit the 3D model as the class is taught.
- Create a 3D model you can share online.
- Basic drawing/painting skills –
- Proficiency in English
- Bring a laptop with Unity installed. Unity is a free-software and can be downloaded here.
- This class is appropriate for people of all ages.
Nick Fox-Gieg is an animator and developer based in Toronto. Fox-Gieg holds an MFA from the California Institute of the Arts and a BFA from Carnegie Mellon University. Most recently, he’s been working on XR projects at Framestore, Google Creative Lab, the University of Waterloo, and T Brand Studio. His awards include:
Awards and Milestones include:
- 2017 Engadget Alternate Realities grant,
- Winner for Best Animated Short at SXSW 2010,
- 2006 Fulbright Fellowship
- Grants for his work from Bravo!FACT, the Canada Council for the Arts, and the arts councils of Ontario, Pennsylvania, Toronto, and West Virginia.