The Toronto Artscape Foundation Launchpad Bursary program provides 500 individuals annually with a six-month Bursary to Artscape Daniels Launchpad, a first-of-its-kind creative entrepreneurship hub designed to help emerging and established artists, designers and creators from all disciplines grow thriving careers. The purpose of the program is to remove barriers for emerging creatives who are interested in joining our community of artists.
Each bursary recipient receives access to:
- A vibrant, collaborative community of fellow designers, creators and artists
- Launchpad Learning programs, social and wellness events
- One-on-one mentorship and coaching support from industry leaders
- The Launchpad coworking space, Computer Lab and our five Creative Studios: Textiles + Fashion, Fine Metals + Jewellery, Digital Fabrication, Electronics and Woodworking.
- Access to our Digital Media Labs for up to 50 individuals per cohort
In advance of our next Bursary cohort that will commence on September 15, 2020, we are seeking to work with a diverse group of teachers and coaches who specialize in topics related to creative industries and people.
About the Bursary Teacher and Coach Opportunity:
We are looking for up to 10 individuals with experience delivering educational opportunities for creative communities to provide training and coaching that will be accessed by our Bursary recipients from September 2020–February 2021.
The topics of expertise that we are seeking include:
- Financial literacy and management
- Running a small business
- Allyship and Anti-Oppression
- Mindset Shift
- Fundraising and Grant writing
- Planning for Creative Entrepreneurs
- Event Management
- Creative Thinking
- Community Arts
For those interested, there are two potential streams to participate in:
Stream 1: Providing a bi-weekly class on your domain expertise and 60 coaching hours over a 24-week period
- There should be some some rotation of the timing of these classes to improve access
- Your classes will be approximately 75–90 minutes in length
- Classes are taught via Zoom; however, we would like to explore in-person sessions later in the fall
- Of your 12 classes, we expect a minimum of six will be unique content that includes presentation, slides and/or distributed learning materials
- You will own your own Zoom account, organize your own Zoom room and provide a link to the Launchpad team to promote
- Coaching will be provided via Zoom
- Each coaching session will be a maximum of 60 minutes in length
- Launchpad will create a page marketing your coaching services on the Launchpad Member Only Portal
- You will manage your own bookings and booking tool
- You will provide monthly reporting on whom you provided coaching to so that Launchpad can track progress of the program and the participants
Total for 6 month program
|Classes||$400 per class + HST||$4,800 + HST|
|Coaching||$100 per session + HST||$6,000 + HST|
|Total||$10,800 + HST|
Stream 2: Other
We recognize that some individuals have developed their own programs that may not fit within the structure of the first option and we welcome you to share with us your vision, plan and pricing.
Please see the next section for more details around the submission process.
How to Apply
Please complete and submit this form by 11:59pm on Monday, August 3.
A complete application must include and/or answer:
- General Information (i.e. name, contact info, website, etc,)
- Short bio (100 words max)
- Your CV (two page max)
- Any experience you have with teaching, coaching and/or delivering programming to creatives or creative industries
- Your areas of expertise
- Your interest in being considered for:
- Stream 1
- Stream 2
- For those who are interested in Stream 2, supporting documentation (i.e. deck, proposal, video link, etc.) to explain your vision, pricing and plan
Selection Process & Criteria
The selection process will be led by Launchpad’s Managing Director and include a cross section of staff members from the Launchpad team. After reviewing the applications, we will reach out to a short list of candidates to conduct interviews.
The selection criteria will primarily focus on one’s previous experiences with teaching, coaching or delivering programs to creatives and any success and/or impact you can identify having had. In addition, we are seeking to work with a diverse group of individuals who collectively represent a complementary set of expertise.
For those not selected for this program, there will be future potential teaching and coaching opportunities with Launchpad. For this purpose, we will keep your name on file, unless you communicate a preference otherwise.
|July 20 – Aug 3||Call for Submissions|
|July 24 from 12-1||Online Info Session and Q&A [Zoom Link]|
|Aug 21||Coach & Trainer Selection|
|September 15||Bursary program commences|
To ensure the process is as equitable as possible, we will not be able to have individual meetings with interested applicants. However, we will be hosting an information session and Q&A from 12-1pm on Friday, July 24, which you can access using this link.
We are also happy to answer any questions you have via email! Please reach out to our Launchpad Learning Coordinator, Ksenia Khan, at [email protected].
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the selection process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.