Startup Canada has announced the Ontario Startup Canada Award winners, which recognizes regional entrepreneurs that stand out in their communities.
The Ontario regional winners were announced on June 20 in Sault Ste. Marie.
In the past several weeks, Startup Canada has revealed awards for Quebec and Atlantic Canada, as well as the Prairies, BC, and Northern Canada regions. All regional winners will now be evaluated by the National Adjudication Committee for a chance to be recognized at the national awards, which will take place at the Startup Canada Awards Grand Finale in Ottawa on October 18.
“Congratulations to the 2018 winners of the Startup Canada Awards,” said Victoria Lennox, co-founder, and CEO of Startup Canada. “These winners represent the very essence of entrepreneurship. We are proud to celebrate their success with Canadians and our partners around the world.”
Here’s the list of the Ontario winners:
- Entrepreneur Promotion Award: Vicki Saunders, founder of SheEO (Toronto, ON)
- Entrepreneur Support Award: Melissa Sariffodeen, co-founder and CEO of Canada Learning Code; and Laura Plant, co-founder and chief growth officer of Canada Learning Code (Toronto, ON)
- Global Entrepreneurship Award: Allen Lau, co-founder and CEO of Wattpad (Toronto, ON)
- Innovation Award: Ryan Janzen, CTO of TransPod (Toronto, ON)
- High Growth Award: Ariel Mashiyev, CEO of iLobby (Kitchener, ON)
- Young Entrepreneur Award: Yumi Lee, owner of Yumi’s Dozen (Toronto, ON)
- Entrepreneur of the Year Award: Michael Katchen, co-founder and CEO of WealthSimple (Toronto, ON)
StartUp HERE Toronto is a publishing partner of Betakit and this article was originally published on their site.