The Digital Finance Institute has announced the winners of its 4th annual Canadian FinTech & AI Awards, which recognize banks, innovators, investors, advisory firms and law firms, FinTechs, impactors, and thought leaders across Canada in the FinTech and AI space.
“The FinTech & AI Awards recognize ground breaking innovation in the financial services sector in Canada, and the service companies that support the delivery of FinTech and AI excellence,” said Ellis Odynn, the CEO of the Awards Gala Dinner.
The winners of the 2018 Canadian FinTech & AI Awards are:
- Financial Institution of the Year: Royal Bank of Canada
- Investment Firm of the Year: Portag3 Ventures
- Accelerator/Incubator of the Year: Accelerator Centre
- Advisory Firm of the Year: Market Gravity
- FinTech Startup: Borrowell
- FinTech Company of the Year: Interac Corp
- Blockchain Company of the Year: Coinsquare Ltd.
- Law Firm of the Year: Gowling WLG
- FinTech Leader of the Year: Anthony Di Iorio
- RegTech Company of the Year: SecureFact
- AI Company of the Year: Nudge AI
- AI Leader of the Year: Eli Fathi
- Judge’s Choice Awards: MaRS Discovery District, Nudge AI
An independent judging committee of 40 experts determined the recipients of the Awards. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau prepared remarks for the Awards, and Toronto Mayor John Tory opened the Awards Gala Dinner, which took place on November 26.
StartUp HERE Toronto is a publishing partner of Betakit and this article was originally published on their site.