Toronto-based Integrate.ai, which is building a platform to optimize customer engagements using social media, alternative data, and first party data, has announced a $5.6 million CAD funding round.
The round was raised from key investors, including members of its newly-announced advisory board, employees, and VC firms Georgian Partners and Real Ventures. The company, which raised a $5 million seed round in February 2016, plans to complete a larger institutional Series A round in 2018.
“This group of distinguished individuals will help Integrate.ai develop strong enterprise relationships and build a world-class AI SaaS platform that fundamentally reshapes the way businesses will assess, engage, and optimize the relationship with their consumers and drive business growth. We have assembled a team with proven track records for building successful companies on disruptive technologies and deep technical and policy experts,” said Steve Irvine, founder and CEO of Integrate.ai. “Advisory board members will play an active role in the business as we grow our customer base and bring our product to market.”
Integrate.ai said that this new advisory board spans across industries to strengthen Integrate.ai’s ability to apply AI to drive customer engagement and revenue growth.
“Integrate.ai is developing a much-needed software that will transform the ways in which businesses employ AI to improve the customer experience, a space we believe has a tremendous potential based on existing and future market demand,” said Mike Shaver, partner at Real Ventures. “Participating in this early strategic round is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Integrate.ai story, alongside their exceptional team.”
Integrate.ai’s new advisory team includes:
- Praveen Arichandran, director of growth at Tesla
- Jordan Banks, former managing director at Facebook and Instagram Canada and former global head of vertical strategy at Facebook
- Scott Bonham, board director at Magna, Scotiabank and Loblaw
- David Court, director emeritus at McKinsey & Company
- Harley Finkelstein, COO at Shopify
- Justin LaFayette, managing partner at Georgian Partners
- Helen Nissenbaum, professor of information science at Cornell Tech
- André Perey, Partner at Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
- Mike Shaver, General Partner at Real Ventures
StartUp HERE Toronto is a publishing partner of Betakit and this article was originally published on their site.