OneEleven has announced the five startups that have been accepted into its insurtech growth program, which it is hosting in partnership with Aviva Canada.
“OneEleven is proud to work with Aviva Canada on a series of initiatives that nurture and build the InsurTech ecosystem in Canada,” said Amanda Filipe, Manager of Partnerships at OneEleven. “This program is a truly collaborative and focused effort that will directly impact the growth of these five incredible companies.”
The insurtech growth program runs for four months, and provides one-on-one mentoring sessions with Aviva Canada, pitch feedback from OneEleven community experts, and expertise in the market. Eligible companies must have at least $300,000 CAD in capital raised or revenue, a clear partnership opportunity with the insurance industry, and proven traction.
“These five startups offer a wide range of solutions to the InsurTech ecosystem reaching healthcare, financial and commercial real estate services,” said Ryan Spinner, head of digital and innovation at Aviva Canada. “We’re thrilled to kick-start this mentorship program together with OneEleven and have the opportunity to work with these startups firsthand and accelerate their innovation projects.”
- Maple: enables access to non-emergency healthcare by connecting patients with physicians 24/7 through mobile, tablet, or computer.
- MapYourProperty: an intelligence platform providing key real estate and land development information. The platform can provide a due diligence report in under 30 seconds, while clients can access prospective commercial project in real-time and streamline their risk diligence process by 50 percent.
- RateHub: provides comparisons on insurance quotes from the providers that most closely align with what users actually need. To do this, RateHub secures proprietary and external data sources with auto-capture technologies, and boasts 800,000 monthly visitors.
- Soundpays: utilizes ultrasonic sound wave technology to deliver product purchase information directly from advertising or broadcast content to mobile devices. Users can make instant, single-touch purchases while viewing an ad.
- WealthTab: Streamlining account opening, quoting and client proposals for financial services and insurance. WealthTab reduces the number of steps it takes to validate and synchronize client information.
StartUp HERE Toronto is a publishing partner of Betakit and this article was originally published on their site.