OCAD University is hosting an event to celebrate the outcomes of UNESCO’s Futures Literacy Lab, June 27 to 29, 2019 at its waterfront campus (130 Queens Quay East). The event will feature the work of students, faculty and community members, looking to uncover our biases towards the future.
The event will include an exhibition by students from OCAD U’s Masters of Design in Strategic Foresight and Innovation (SFI) program. Launched in 2009, students have been making their mark in the community ever since, as change makers, innovators and entrepreneurs, bringing the unique combination of systems thinking, foresight and design to a variety of challenges.
Students, graduates and alumni of the SFI program will be on hand to host walk-throughs, demonstrate and speak to their work in the following areas: experiential futures, system maps and synthesis maps, group projects on social challenges, design games and workshops and major research projects.
Thursday, June 27, 2019
- 5 to 6:30 p.m.: Executive Workshop with special guest Riel Miller from UNESCO, on Transforming Futures and the Future Literacy Lab.
- This portion will have limited spaces, first come first served.
- 6:30 to 7:00 p.m.: Gather and network.
- There will be a cash bar and opportunity to meet current and former SFI members, as well as other members of the community.
- 7 to 8:00 p.m.: Guided walkthrough and demonstration of Experiential Futures displays.
- Guides will help immerse you in pockets of the future they have created.
- 8 to 10:00 p.m.: Mingle, network, and view.
- Enjoy our cash bar, light snacks and see the work that our students, graduates and alumni have to offer.
Friday, June 28 and Saturday, June 29: displays may be viewed noon to 6 p.m.
Tickets for June 27 event:
- $100 for the evening, including a complimentary beverage (free of charge for friends and family of OCAD U SFI students, OCAD U students and faculty)
- Additional $50 for the Executive Workshop (5 to 6:30 p.m.).
- RSVP at Michele Mastroeni, Graduate Program Director MDes in Strategic Foresight and Innovation.
Friday and Saturday displays: free of charge.
Location: OCAD U Co, 130 Queens Quay East, East Tower, Floor 4R, Toronto, ON