TORONTO – On May 15, 2017, a group of industry-leading and internationally renowned legal professionals will gather in Toronto, Canada to share their expertise and experience at a one-day interactive forum organized and hosted by LexisNexis Canada and the Legal Innovation Zone at Ryerson University. Lawyering in the 21st Century: How to succeed through innovation will provide participants with the information, insight and practical tools they need to transform their organizations through innovation.
Lawyering in the 21st Century: How to succeed through innovation will feature the following presenters:
- Ben Heineman, Jr., former GE counsel and senior fellow at Harvard University, will deliver a keynote address that will discuss the changing role of the global general counsel
- Zev J. Eigen, Global Director of Data Analytics at Littler Mendelson, is an expert in data science and predictive analytics. The focus of his keynote address will be on driving law firm profitability with data and related insights
- Cheryl Cran is a Future of Work and Change Leadership Expert. She will provide practical strategies for embracing innovation in today’s ever-changing legal market in her keynote
- Margaret Hagan directs the Legal Design Lab at Stanford Law School’s Center on the Legal Profession. She will be facilitating a hands-on workshop that will explore the notion of “design thinking” and how it can be applied to legal services
- Carla Goldstein is the former Associate General Counsel and Director of Strategic Initiatives at BMO Financial Group, and was one of the developers behind the innovative approach of using Lean Six Sigma for the delivery of legal services. Her hands-on workshop will provide insights and tools for how lawyers can use Lean methodology to transform their practices
Further information about this ground-breaking conference, including registration details, is available at: legalinnovationsummit.ca.
Interviews will be available with conference organizers and some of our presenters (schedule permitting).
To arrange an interview, contact:
Andrea Hesse, LexisNexis Canada
About LexisNexis Canada
LexisNexis® Canada is part of LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of information and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. Part of RELX Group, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 175 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
About Legal Innovation Zone at Ryerson University
The Legal Innovation Zone at Ryerson University is a co-working space and the first incubator with a focus on building better legal solutions for the consumers of legal services. The Legal Innovation Zone helps support, foster and develop solutions and technologies that aim to improve the justice and legal system