The Toronto Fashion Incubator (TFI) is offering a new, free-of-charge fashion entrepreneurship program for aspiring accessory designers between the ages of 20 and 29.
Launching on July 4th, TFI’s Fashion Your Future will introduce program participants to all aspects of starting and developing a successful fashion business.
Funded by the Government of Ontario as part of the Youth Jobs Strategy and supported by the City of Toronto, Fashion Your Future begins with a fashion boot camp.
Attendees will learn how to develop an accessory line, source materials, visit designer studios and learn about strategic business elements including pricing, business planning and how to prepare for a trade show.
From the boot camp, 10 top attendees will be chosen to participate in phase two and produce a spring 2017 accessory collection with help from a mentor and a TFI micro grant. In phase three, the top three collections will be featured in TFI's Press & Buyers Trade Show.
Attend a free information session to learn more about the program:
- April 19 @ 5:30 p.m. – Toronto Fashion Incubator, 285 Manitoba Drive
- May 2 @ 5:30 p.m. – Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen St. West
- May 9 @ 5:30 p.m. – Metro Hall, 55 John St.
- May 16 @ 5:30 p.m. – Etobicoke Civic Centre, 399 The West Mall, Etobicoke
- May 24 @ 5:30 p.m. – North York Civic Centre, 5100 Yonge St. North York
- June 13 @ 5:30 p.m. – Scarborough Civic Centre, 150 Borough Drive, Scarborough
For information about the program or to register, see www.fashionyourfuture.ca.