Since launcing in Toronto in 2014, the Founder Institute has helped launch several promising companies in the region, like Airvinci, Brili, CubbySpot,Gomma Fashion, and our efforts in Toronto have also been profiled by several high profile media channels, including Techvibes, BetaKit, and more.
Today, the Founder Institute, the world's premier idea-stage accelerator and startup launch program, is excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for the Toronto Summer 2016 Semester!
If you are serious about launching a startup in Toronto and could use expert training and feedback, then apply to the Toronto Founder Institute today, or attend a free event.
Those who apply by the Early Admissions Deadline (2016-06-30) will have their application fees waived (typically $50), and if you enroll by the Early Deadline you are also eligible for Founder Institute Fellowships.
The Founder Institute is the most challenging and effective step-by-step startup launch program for talented and motivated aspiring entrepreneurs. If you are serious about launching a startup, the Founder Institute can give you the structured process, constant feedback and evaluation from expert mentors, and global network of entrepreneurs you need to start an enduring company. In addition, the Founder Institute is the only program of its kind that focuses on people versus ideas, accepts founders with day jobs, and shares equity with all participants.
In order to celebrate the launch, the Toronto Founder Institute will several free startup events for the general public, where you can meet top entrepreneurs and learn more about the program:
- Founder Institute Conference Call, with Adeo Ressi
2016-06-02, 01:00 PM
Leaders of the world’s fastest-growing startups have used the Founder Institute to transition from employee to entrepreneur, test their startup ideas, build a team, get their first customers, raise funding, and more – like Udemy,Realty Mogul, iCarsClub, Itembase, goplaceit, and Appota. Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 110 cities and 60 countries, the Founder Institute's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
Running the Founder Institute's efforts in Toronto include local startup leaders Kamal Hassan (Founder and CEO, IncMind) and Sunil Sharma (Managing Partner – Extreme Ventures). Kamal and Sunil also recently won the title of “Best FI Directors in North America” at the 2016 Founder Showcase.
In addition, some of Toronto's top entrepreneurs will mentor founders in the program, providing them with expert training, feedback, and evaluation. The list of mentors for the Toronto Summer 2016 includes:
- Adib Saikali: Co-Founder & CTO
- Andrew D'Souza: Founder and CEO, Clearbanc
- April Dunford: Former COO, Tulip Retail
- Aran Hamilton: President & Co-Founder, Vantage
- Ariel Garten: CEO, InteraXon
- Ben Yoskovitz: VP Product, VarageSale
- Ben Baldwin: Founder, ClearFit, The ScaleDriver Project
- Ben Zifkin: CEO, Hubba
- Brian Church: Country Manager, Canada, LinkedIn
- Brice Scheschuk: CEO, Globalive Capital
- Claudio Gambetti: Professional Services , Nashco Consulting
- Frank Erschen: Co-Founder, Powernoodle
- Ian Collins: Founder and CEO, Crowdcare
- Jason Atkins: CEO, 360incentives
- Jeff Brunet: Founder and President, Crowdcare
- Jeremy Potvin: Founder, World of Angus
- John Stix: President, Fibernetics
- John Philip Green: Chief Executive Dad, CareGuide
- Kamal Hassan: CEO
- Karl Martin: CEO, Nymi Inc.
- Michael Young: Co-founder and CTO, Architelos
- Michael Kosic: CEO, XYZInteractive
- Michael Katchen: Founder & CEO, WealthSimple
- Michele Romanow: Head of Marketing, Groupon (SnapSaves)
- Mike Silagadze: CEO, Top Hat
- Phil Jacobson: Cofounder & President, PumpUp
- Philippe LeBlanc: CEO, Flixel Photos Inc
- Richard Hyatt: Chief Scientist and Co-founder, BlueCat Networks
- Sahand Sojoodi: President and Co-Founder, Gopher Leads
- Sanjay Singhal: Co-Founder and CEO, audiobooks.com
- Shrad Rao: CEO, Wagepoint
- Trevor Coleman: Founder – SVP, New Product Development , InteraXon
- Wendy Robertson: Managing Director, Assemble Inc.
- Winston Mok: CEO
- Yuri Navarro: Executive Director, National Angel Capital Organization