The Creative Destruction Lab (CDL), a seed-stage program for massively scalable, science-based companies, is now accepting applications for their 2019/20 Quantum Machine Learning and Blockchain-AI Incubator Streams.
The Quantum Machine Learning Incubator Stream is a 10-month program for founders pursuing commercial opportunities at the intersection of quantum computing and machine learning. The program brings together entrepreneurs, investors, AI experts, leading quantum information researchers, and technology partners, D-Wave Systems, Rigetti Computing, and Xanadu to create new ventures at the frontier of quantum machine learning. Participants also receive US$80K equity investment from investment partners.
Visit here to apply for the 2019/20 Quantum Machine Learning Incubator Stream.
The CDL Blockchain-AI Incubator Stream is a 10-month incubator program which gives blockchain founders personalized mentorship from blockchain thought leaders, successful tech entrepreneurs, scientists, economists and venture capitalists, including Anthony Lacavera, Ben Goertzel, William Tunstall-Pedoe, Boris Wertz and more. Founders are also eligible for up to US$100K in investment, in exchange for equity.
Visit here to apply for the 2019/20 Blockchain-AI Incubator Stream.
During both CDL Incubator Streams, companies have boardroom-style meetings with the CDL Mentors every two months to garner feedback and set objectives which the founders are accountable for at the next meeting. The objective-setting methodology is critical for early-stage founders to ensure that founders are allocating their time and resources towards their highest priorities. CDL Mentors build strong relationships with founders and develop a deeper understanding of their business by having continuous touch points — allowing them to provide better strategic guidance.
Founders are also able to access strategic capital as participating venture capitalists gain first-hand visibility of a venture’s progress over the course of the program.
“Joining the Blockchain/AI stream of the CDL has had a huge impact on the success of ZED Network. The program is a platform for us to connect with investors and network with other startups facing the same challenges. Through CDL’s mentorship program and support from respected investors such as Anthony Lacavera (Globalive) and William Tunstall-Pedoe, we have been able to set and achieve goals that will take our business through launch and beyond. I would encourage all Blockchain ventures to apply: the CDL will change your trajectory.” – Alan Safahi, CEO, ZED Network Inc.
“Solid State AI would not exist if it weren’t for the CDL. I had been interested in quantum computers for years and applied to the program more out of curiosity than out of any grand vision of starting a company. The the program allowed us to learn and access the resources we needed to get off the ground. Our venture manager and the CDL fellows consistently gave us thoughtful, actionable advice, and we benefited greatly from their guidance and judgement. If you’re starting a quantum machine learning company today, there is no better place to do it than at CDL in Toronto.” – Abhi Rampal, CEO, Solid State AI.
- Community – The CDL Incubator Streams provide each company with shared office space to foster a community of world-class founders in their fields to share ideas and build relationships that last longer than the program.
- Venture Managers – Each company is paired with a venture manager who works directly with the founders to ensure focus towards their objectives, facilitate introductions, and provide program support.
- Scientists/Economists – Access to academic Scientists who are AI and cryptography researchers, economists who are experts in market-design, and leaders in quantum physics, machine learning, and quantum computing.
- MBA Student Support – Each company is eligible to be matched with MBA students from the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto to further support the company’s existing team.
- Technical Bootcamps – Founders participate in workshops to technically prepare them for the respective programs.
- Relocation Aid – Provided aid towards relocation, VISA application, and international travel.