Program Funding and Details:
Highly qualified innovative Canadian companies are invited to take part in the third Canada-Chicago Mentoring Program. The selection of the five companies will be done by the Consulate and CIM@MATTER’s key mentors. The objectives of the program are to provide strategic guidance and to gain the right tools and knowledge to penetrate this market. The program is not aimed at providing sales leads to the companies but focuses on the analysis of the Canadian companies’ business model & strategy.
- Apply by November 24, 2017
- Orientation to the program (January 2018)
- Day of Acceleration (February 21, 2018)
- Six Month Mentoring Program (February to August 2018)
- Canadian small enterprise with a potential for high growth
- Proprietary technology
- A business plan
- Initial “traction” in the marketplace (Canadian or US)
- Looking for mentoring & be prepared for critique of business plan & strategy for market access
- Successful in securing funds – from investors, grants, or sales to customers
- Resources to visit the market at least three times to meet with the mentoring team
- Able to commit at least one senior member (C-level or Founder) to take part in the virtual program and attend the four in-market meetings
- Targeted sub-sectors for the program: biopharma, health IT, medical devices, diagnostics and imaging
ventureLAB is where talented entrepreneurs bring their innovations to market and is a partner in StartUp HERE Toronto.