Are you an entrepreneur that is starting or growing your business? This program offers training and mentoring as well as the chance to earn a grant of up to $5000!
The Starter Company Plus program provides an opportunity for eligible participants to get training, advice and mentoring to help them build a business. The program also provides an opportunity to apply for a grant to help start or grow a business.
What are the benefits?
Starter Company provides:
- a grant ranging from $2,500 to $5,000 depending on the stream
- one-on-one guidance from an Enterprise Toronto small business advisor
- mentoring with successful local entrepreneurs
- a tailored training program to fit the needs of program participants
Who can participate?
You can apply if you’re:
- A fit to the eligible sector or demographic stream
- 18 years of age or older at the time of application
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- A Toronto resident or operating your business in Toronto
- Not working full-time
- Not in a full-time education program or returning to school
- Not enrolled in other Provincial employment or self-employment related programs that include or do not include financial assistance
To successfully complete the program, applicants must:
- attend an interview to discuss the business idea or expansion opportunity
- agree to participate in training and mentoring modules over a six-month period
- create and follow a business plan
- attend regular meetings with mentors and an Enterprise Toronto small business advisor
ventureLAB is where talented entrepreneurs bring their innovations to market and is a partner in StartUp HERE Toronto.