Applications are now live for YEDI’s Incubator Track Fall 2018 Session, and due by August 30th, 2018. All eager entrepreneurs with innovative ideas for any type of start-up are encouraged to apply.
Accepted participants will undergo an intensive 16-week program, including formal academic lectures by Schulich Executive Education Centre instructors, workshop-based training in entrepreneurship, and on-going mentorship by key industry leaders.
Program graduates are eligible for seed funding upon successful program completion. This funding is intended for early-stage opportunities in the Start-up validation stage, when the scientific, technical and commercial merit, as well as the feasibility of the applicant’s product or service has been determined.
YEDI accepts 15 entrepreneurs per cohort. An Expert Committee comprised of industry experts and partners will be responsible for evaluating applications based on the following criteria:
- Applicant is the founder; co-founder(s) will be considered;
- Any adult age or background;
- A unique and innovative idea that is in raw, seed, early, or growth stage;
- Start-up or not-for-profit organization that is or will be based in Toronto or York Region;
- Applicant(s) resides in or is able to commute to Toronto, ON for program
Applicants do not have to be enrolled in York University to apply.
The fall 2018 session dates runs between October 2018 and January 2019. Applications must be received by August 30, 2018 11:59 PM EST. More information and an application can be found online at: http://www.yedinstitute.org/apply/incubator/