Artists are entrepreneurs who contribute greatly to the social and economic well-being of their communities and, as such, require strategic training to grow in capacity. By incubating artists of all disciplines in one program, we foster collaboration and the sharing of ideas, tools, tips and best practices, resulting in a well-rounded understanding of what it takes to “make it” as as a creative entrepreneur.
This is the fourth cohort of Artrepreneur York Region. The program was created in 2015 and will have completed eight cohorts in six communities (Richmond Hill, Vaughan, Newmarket, Markham, Barrie and Collingwood) by the end of 2017.
Artrepreneur York Region is comprised of weekly seminars, workshops, assignments and a final presentation and expo over a period of four months. It primarily serves York Region based artists, arts groups and arts businesses working in all artistic disciplines such as, though not limited to, visual arts, dance, theatre, film, music, jewellery, fasion, augmented reality and game design. Sessions are hands-on and will range in format from lectures to peer-to-peer workshops.
Throughout the program, faculty will guide fellows in the step-by-step development of a business plan by providing them with templates, learning modules and actionable assignments. By the end of the program, fellows will have a complete business plan and the opportunity to present their work in front of art industry leaders. Upon successful completion, fellows will also be awarded a certificate endorsed by all program partners.
Applications For Cohort 4 Now Open!
- Deadline for Applications: Monday, March 13, 2017 by Midnight
- Duration of Program: In Class: Wednesday Evenings May 3 – August 2, 2017, Expo: September 2017
Click here to apply for Artrepreneur Cohort 4
- Applicant is an independent artist, Director/President of an arts group/non-profit organization or the Founder/Owner of a creative business
- All arts disciplines, design and those working at the itersection of art, technology and innovation
- Actively practicing and/or in operation for two consecutive years or more
- 18 years of age and older
- Ability to commute and attend weekly sessions
The post Artrepreneur: Applications Now Open! appeared first on YSBEC.