The Ontario Catapult Microloan Fund enables social entrepreneurs and innovators to grow their world-changing enterprises with access to capital and CSI’s existing programming and services.
- Offers loans to social enterprises with existing revenues that require growth capital.
- Provides loans (5% - 8%) of $5,000 - $25,000 to revenue-generating social enterprises and $1,000 - $5,000 to pre-revenue social enterprises.
- Up to a 5 year term.
- For members of CSI (you can still apply if you are not a member but you will need to become a member once you are approved), offering arange of supports.
- Undertakes a full impact assessment of the investments over a two-year period.
WHY APPLY FOR A CATAPULT LOAN?
Reasons for taking out a loan will vary from person to person and will depend on where you are in your life/business cycle, legal structure and the types of activities you engage in. Here are some primary reasons people may want to pursue a loan:
- To bridge cash flow/funding gaps – when you know the money is coming, but you have expenses today.
- To invest in growth – maybe to expand operations, invest in new technology, purchase new equipment or inventory.
- To build credibility – taking a loan can help build credibility for further investment down the road.
- To get feedback – Even if you are not successful in your application, you will receive detailed feedback that may help you become investment ready at a later stage.
WHEN ARE YOU READY FOR A LOAN?
- You have a clear business plan.
- You are generating revenue.
- The loan will help you generate more revenue and increase profitability.
- You have the research and history to back this up.
When you apply to the Ontario Catapult microloan program, you can choose to be automatically considered for two other funding and support programs.
- Futurpreneur Canada loans of up to $15,000 for enterprises led by individuals under 39 years old.
- Youth Social Innovation Capital Fund financing of up to $25,000 for enterprises run by people aged 18-35.