The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) is a global competition for students who own and operate a business while attending college or university. Nominees compete against their peers from around the world in a series of local and national competitions in hopes of qualifying for GSEA Finals.
The deadline for the Toronto competition is November 1st, 2019. The competition takes place on Tuesday November 12th, 2019. Applications can be completed online at: http://gsea.org/apply.
Qualifying competitions are held in cities and countries worldwide, with the 2019 Global Finals competition being held in Macau, China.
At the Global Finals, students compete for a prize package of US$25,000 in cash and a total value of over $40,000, which includes a travel/lodging expense paid trip to compete in the Global Finals. Second place will receive US$10,000 and third place will receive US$5,000. There are also regional prizes for local competitions.
To be eligible for GSEA:
- You must be enrolled for the current academic year in a university/college as an undergraduate or graduate student at the time of application.
- You must be the owner, founder or controlling shareholder of your company and principally responsible for its operation.
- Your business must have been in operation for at least six consecutive months prior to the application.
- Your business must have generated US $500 or received US $1000 in investments at the time of application.
- You should not have been one of the top seven finalists from any previous year’s GSEA Global Finals Competition.
- The age cap for participation is 30 years of age.
Full eligibility details are available online at: http://gsea.org/who-is-eligible/