The City of Toronto's ‘We’ve Been Expecting You’ (WBEY) program is designed to help foster a culture of customer service excellence throughout the city so visitors feel welcomed, informed, and experience Toronto as a friendly and diverse city.
‘We’ve Been Expecting You’ is a unique hospitality excellence program that helps unify the service industry by enhancing visitors' experiences of Toronto and motivating return trips. It also helps service industry staff become prepared, proactive, proud, and positive so that they can create memorable experiences for visitors.
Free training is offered to members of the hospitality, tourism and service industries, or anyone who works with visitors to the City.
2020 public classroom training sessions are now open for registration. All sessions will take place at City Hall from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. on the following dates:
- Tuesday, May 19
- Thursday, July 9
- Tuesday, October 6
Click here to register for upcoming dates.
Training is offered for those who:
- work directly with visitors to Toronto
- work in a role where you might be asked about what there is to do and see in Toronto
- would like to introduce customer service training to your organization
The program is designed around four sets of behaviours and actions. When employed together, they create memorable experiences for visitors.
- Prepared: Learn about Toronto, its neighbourhoods and all they have to offer.
- Proactive: Look for opportunities to share your knowledge and experiences of Toronto and its neighbourhoods.
- Proud: Talk about unique features of Toronto.
- Positive: Project an optimistic attitude even when faced with a challenging situation.
WBEY is a joint project presented by the City of Toronto, the Province of Ontario and Tourism Toronto and is free to participants. For more information or to register, please visit toronto.ca/wbey or email email@example.com.