The #movethedial Global Summit is an annual diversity and inclusion event that brings together thought leaders, partners and amazing humans of all identities to connect, learn and grow. This year, it happens on Thursday November 14th at Roy Thomson Hall in Toronto.
Over 2000 industry thought-leaders will be in attendance at what has become one of Canada’s fastest growing tech-focused, diversity and inclusion events.
#movethedial is a global organization focused on advancing all women in technology. Founded in 2017, #movethedial has a large and growing number of leading Canadian corporate and technology partners, is supported by over 150 leading technology ecosystem advisors, and has engaged a community of more than 150 advocates.
The 2019 #movethedial Global Summit builds on the success of the inaugural, sold-out 2018 event, which was attended by diverse corporate leaders, emerging leaders, and youth with a shared and deep interest in technology, innovation, and diversity. It will feature a rich program of inspiring keynote speakers, networking activities, and immersive activations in a highly inclusive and energizing environment.
This year, the focus is on what it truly means to be “all in” on diversity and inclusion. Attendees will be challenged to embrace the “Going All In” theme and take an all-in approach to diversity and inclusion to ensure all identities and intersectionalities are represented in today’s innovation and tech economy.
“Last year’s Summit featured speakers that reinforced the progress made by the tech community in creating an ecosystem that values diversity and inclusion at all levels,” said Jodi Kovitz, founder and CEO of #movethedial “It is our goal at this year’s Summit to push the conversation further. We know that diversity and inclusion are good for business, but we want to showcase the power of going all in on these aspects and demonstrate why it’s important to provide solutions that address everyone across identities and intersectionalities.”
The impressive 2019 speaker roster includes thought-provoking change-makers and industry leaders who champion diversity and inclusion. Hailing from the fields of technology, finance, the arts, media, and social activism, this cross-section of talented and inspiring executives and thought leaders will share their unique expertise, experiences, and insights with event attendees.
This year’s main stage headliners include three dynamic women who are driving creativity within the global tech ecosystem.
- Bozoma Saint John, Chief Marketing Officer at Endeavor, has earned a formidable reputation as a trailblazing marketing and advertising executive, noted for her work at Uber, Apple Music, and Pepsi-Cola North America. She will be taking the Summit stage to share her career journey and discuss why companies should be proactively promoting women in tech with colleague Justina Omokhua, SVP Brand Marketing, Endeavor.
- Erin and Sara Foster, the dynamic duo at Bumble and Bumble Bizz, have been working with Bumble CEO, Whitney Wolfe Herd since 2017, to grow and elevate the Bumble brand as Heads of Creative. As former stars of hit TV shows like Barely Famous and CW’s 90210, the sisters will discuss what it takes to build strong technologies and brands that speak to women consumers.
In addition to these headliners, the Global Summit will also feature the following:
- Melissa Thomas-Hunt, head of global diversity and belonging at Airbnb, will share her journey of belonging and how the organization is going all in on inclusion and belonging from a budget and metrics perspective.
- Hear the story of Leagh Turner, President of Ceridian, and the steps she took that enabled her to rise to the top as a tech leader at the helm of a billion-dollar software company.
- Addressing the unintended consequences of bias, Kat Holmes, Director of UX design at Google, will discuss why inclusive design is essential for every business.
- Actor, philanthropist, writer, producer, and human rights advocate Angelica Ross will share her views on the tech landscape from a transgender p
With double the capacity, world-class speakers, an extended agenda, a global live stream and numerous onsite activations, the tech and innovation community gathered at Roy Thompson Hall for a day of high-impact programming is guaranteed to inspire.