#movethedial, a movement dedicated to advancing the participation and leadership of all women in technology, is inviting applications from youth (ages 14 – 24) with an interest and passion for STEM to attend the #movethedial Global Summit Youth Experience, which will take place on November 7th.
200 free tickets for the Youth Experience are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Emerging talent and youth across all genders, as well as those from underserved communities, are encouraged to apply. The deadline to apply is October 21st. Applicants can register online at movethedial.com/Summit.
The Youth Experience was developed by #movethedial in partnership with The Knowledge Society (TKS) and Plan International Canada as part of the upcoming #movethedial Global Summit, which is generously supported by TD Bank Group.
The event aims to inspire powerful action to advance women to leadership roles in the global technology community and encourage youth of all genders to pursue future careers in STEM.
The Youth Experience will take place the morning of November 7th at the Masonic Temple where young minds in attendance will be exposed to technological concepts, inspirational keynotes, and interactive demos meant to spark ideas and empower the creation of real change that can make a significant impact on the world. Attendees will then join more than 800 corporate and technology professionals at the #movethedial Global Summit at Koerner Hall in the TELUS Centre for Performance and Learning for an afternoon of inspiring stories focused on showcasing the authentic experiences, challenges, and triumphs of women across all levels of the tech and innovation ecosystem; and keynotes from those who are moving the dial and going out of their way to advance women in tech.
- Caroline Riseboro, President and CEO of Plan International Canada
- As the President and CEO of Plan International Canada, an organization focused on advancing the rights of children and ensuring equality for girls, Caroline Riseboro leverages her passion as an advocate for gender equality to tackle some of the world’s most pressing issues. She is working to champion youth – especially young women and girls – who are shut out of decisions that will define their world; and calling on current leaders to listen to and learn from young people. She also challenges the prevailing and innate bias toward male leadership, calling on us all to defy what a “good” leader looks and acts like. Caroline will provide insights on the actionable steps that youth today can take to build a future where adults and youth of all genders can lead together, and draw strength from the power within themselves.
- Leen Li, Chief Financial Officer at Wealthsimple
- As the fifth child in a family too poor to buy even a potato peeler, Leen Li’s experience growing up in rural China with no plumbing and few resources has helped shape and inform her life and leadership role at Wealthsimple. Today, as CFO at Wealthsimple, Leen is more than just a number cruncher; she is an inspiring mentor and leader to those around her. During the afternoon session at the #movethedial Global Summit, Leen will provide a glimpse into her journey to becoming a trusted advisor to leaders across the different functional teams at Wealthsimple, a company that is on a mission to bring smarter financial services to everyone, regardless of age, gender, or net worth.
- Hillary Hartley, Chief Digital Officer for the province of Ontario, Canada
- Making digital government services more efficient for 14 million people in Ontario is a role assigned to Hillary Hartley, Ontario’s Chief Digital Officer as part of the province’s plan to create jobs, grow the economy, and help people in their everyday lives. She is helping to accelerate transformation efforts that will make it easier for people and business to interact and engage with the government using digital technologies. Hillary will share insights on the critical work she is doing and the impact it will have on everyone living in Ontario today and in the future.
Applications for the Youth Experience are open through Sunday, October 21st, 2018, and can be submitted online at movethedial.com/Summit.