Ten startups from around the world that convene in Toronto for the first global proptech accelerator – Techstars Class 151 – the Colliers Proptech Accelerator Powered by Techstars – have been announced. This program kicked off on September 10th in Toronto, with a Demo Day happening on December 4th.
Ten companies representing eight cities in seven countries have been announced as participants. They were selected from a strong global applicant pool focused around real estate in a broad context.
Those companies are:
- A Retail Space (New York City, NY, US)
- A Retail Space finds the perfect location for your business through data.
- Basking Automation (Berlin, Germany)
- io is an ROI-driven building automation platform for the flexible office space market.
- Booqed (Hong Kong, China)
- Booqed is a digital marketplace for flexible space, helping to connect businesses needing places to work, meet or have an event – with landlords seeking to monetise under-utilised space.
- Lane (Toronto, Canada)
- Lane is the operating system for your building, streamlining building operations on a cloud-based platform you can access anywhere.
- MapYourProperty (Toronto, Canada)
- MapYourProperty is a Zillow for Real Estate Land Development, simplifying the planning and development process to a 3-click solution.
- Propstack (Mumbai, India)
- Propstack is a data & analytics company that helps predict real estate market trends and enables efficient transactions.
- Raybased (Göteborg, Sweden)
- Raybased is the open wireless network for commercial real estate, communicating across all existing electrical systems to monitor, control and optimize functions such as heating, ventilation, lighting and building access.
- RefineRE (Dallas, TX, USA)
- RefineRE leverages real-time market data to provide CRE portfolio intelligence for organizations looking to make smarter, better and faster decisions about buying, selling, leasing, expanding, or downsizing their property footprint.
- SPCE (London, UK)
- In partnership with Experian and the world’s top universities, SPCE allows the higher education community to search and pay for campus-specific, student rental properties and accrue a positive credit rating without the need for deposits or joint tenancy liability.
- Upsuite (Denver, CO, US)
- Where teams go to find co-working spaces.
These global companies share the belief that some of the hardest problems yet to be solved within real estate represent some of the biggest opportunities. Each startup in the class of ten has been carefully selected for investment based on their approach to near-term, value-enhancing opportunities as well as longer-term opportunities that, with strong technology platforms, will help push current industry boundaries.
The class will refine their businesses over the next 13 weeks, build and gain traction with the market, accelerate their fundraising strategies, and develop their Demo Day presentations. Through this process, the startups will work closely with a global network of mentors from Colliers and from the broader real estate industry, successful entrepreneurs and venture capitalists. At the conclusion of the program, each startup will present to investors and mentors at Demo Day on December 4, 2018.
More information can be found at Techstars.com.