In a collaboration with Ontario technology leaders (including Shopify, Capital One and Salesforce), and government funders such as the Ontario Trillium Foundation, STEMing UP aims to equip young women with the confidence, skills, professional portfolios and networks to pursue fulfilling careers in the STEM industries.
STEMing UP is looking for innovative partners to provide project challenges to the young women participating in the program. By providing real-world projects that students can work on, challenge partner companies help them develop their technical and entrepreneurial skills, confidence, and portfolio.
STEMing UP aims to inspire more young women to get involved in STEM careers, especially those from underserved areas who may not have access to these resources.
The young women will learn:
- Design Thinking
- App Building
- Front/Backend Developing
- Analytical Thinking
- Business and Leadership Skills
More on the STEMing UP Challenge Partner criteria:
STEMing UP partners with companies that align with its values and mission in order to help foster the right environment for learning. It is looking for companies that are:
- Women-led/founded companies with a team of 2 or more, and have a product/service in the market
- Able to create 3 to 4 challenges to present to students
- Open to new ideas from students and willing to accept/apply these ideas as solutions to your business
- Able to commit to at least 1 in-person visit per week throughout the STEMing UP Program (July 27 – Aug 21, 2020), and availability to answer student’s questions on an as-needed basis on a Slack channel, dedicated to the Challenge Partner and students
- Available for active participation on Demo Day (planned for Aug 21, 2020) as a judge and sponsor
To learn more and to apply, please visit: https://www.hervolution.org/steming-up-challenge-partner/