The second class of Techstars Toronto Accelerator has been announced.
The 2019 class builds upon the success of the inaugural 2018 class, from which 10 fast-growing technology companies were launched across several verticals including AI, food technology, virtual reality, financial services, construction tech, enterprise SaaS, and more. These companies were successful in raising well over $10M of follow-on capital collectively immediately upon graduation and, of greater significance, growing their businesses into viable disruptive tech companies.
The 10 startups that make up the 2019 class are charging head-on into many new verticals including travel, cryptocurrencies and secure custody, mobility, quick-service restaurants, cross-border payments, government, logistics, entertainment, financial services, and mental health.
The companies were selected from within the talent-rich Toronto-Waterloo tech corridor and from across Canada and the world.
The Techstars Toronto Accelerator class of 2019 includes:
- Balance offers a safe and easy way to buy, hold, and trade a basket of crypto assets.
- Eddy Travels
- Eddy Travels is a travel assistant to help you find the best flight and hotel deals in your favorite chat app.
- Envoi facilitates retailers looking to meet consumer demand for same day delivery, through a crowdsourced driver network.
- Inkblot is Canada’s top high-quality, secure and affordable counselling platform.
- Koomi is the first Point of Sale system made specifically for line-ups, takeaway and on-the-go customers.
- Kora was founded with the simple idea of making the flow of money and value into, within, and from Africa seamless, efficient, and cheap.
- Madlipz is a dubbing/subbing app that aims to be the ultimate parody platform, available for iOS and Android devices.
- Moregidge is a Toronto-based technology company that is reinventing the homebuying experience.
- Proof empowers governments to go paperless by streamlining internal approvals, digitizing application forms, and improving policy decisions with data.
- Velocia is an open loyalty network for integrated mobility and transportation services, relying in part on decentralized technologies, such as the Aion blockchain, to power its functionality.